Monday, August 15, 2011

Alex Steele

This just in from the lovely Stephen Stohn's twitter...


"It would've been to difficult story-wise to bring back @alexzasteele [Alex Steele] as Angela, so we're bringing her back anyway: as Tori!"


For anyone who is confused - or just didn't become a true Degrassi-ite until more recently - don't worry, I can explain why that's exciting.


In case you couldn't figure it out, Alex Steele is the younger sister of Cassie Steele (Manny).  She was on Degrassi for a few seasons as the minor character of Angela Jeremiah.  She was in the first 5 seasons, as Joey's son and Craig's step-brother and had a few cute plots but was never vital towards anything.  She was in kindergarten during season 1 and 2, so it was always sort of a joke among some Degrassi fans that one day she would go to Degrassi Community School and become a more important character but when Joey and Craig left the show, she had to leave, too.


Now, though, she'll be coming back to the cast of Degrassi, this time as principle character Tori.  Tori has potential to be a character that needs a punch in the face, but it'll be nice to see Alex in a bigger role.


Tori is described as a girl whose parents have never told her no.  She's a child model and who was frequently in beauty pageants and essentially believes she's the best at everything.


I'm gonna be honest, I don't watch as much Degrassi as I should anymore.


But if I were watching, I would be super excited for this character.  I love characters that I constantly want to punch.

1 comment: